Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How quickly we forget!

I find lately that Ryan will do or say the cutest thing, and then I forget about it almost immediately. Since this blog is for me to share with others as well as document events for myself, I wanted to add a few recent anecdotes before I forget them!

Over the weekend it was very hot here, well into the 90's. When we got in the car on Sunday, after it had been sitting idle for over 24 hours, the car was HOT! I put Ryan into his carseat and he was immediately saying "Hot! Hot!" I told him I knew it was hot in the car, and he looked around and started blowing, as if to try and cool it off. It works for his food, right?

Tonight, Tim poured me a glass of wine while Ryan was eating dinner. Ryan immediately raised his milk cup, looked at me and said "Cheers?"

In an effort to get Ryan to eat more veggies, I mixed broccoli with his mac'n'cheese. When he took a bite containing broccoli, or a bite of broccoli alone, we cheered for him and clapped our hands. "Yay Ryan!" we said to encourage him to eat more, as he is not the best eater (what an understatement!) A few minutes later, I took a sip of my wine and Ryan looked at me, started clapping and said "Yay Mommy!"

These seemingly normal moments are what keep us laughing each and every day. I can't wait to see what he comes out with next, as he is talking more and more all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment