Thanks Grandpa for taking us!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Clifford, the big red dog
Today my Dad and I took Ryan to the stadium where the Lowell Spinners play (Single-A team of the Red Sox) for a special event featuring Clifford, the Big Red Dog. The daughter of the books' creator and illustrator read 2 Clifford Books to the crowd of children, then each child received a book that we had signed and personalized, as well as a chance to see and take pictures with Clifford himself! Ryan was obsessed with Clifford before we arrived - The entire car ride there he asked "Where is Clifford's house?" The entire time the books were being read, he yelled out "Where is Clifford?" The entire time we waited in line to see Clifford, he said "Where is Clifford - the big red dog?? I want to see Clifford!!" I thought the actual encounter with Clifford would be a lot like our encounter with Santa - lots of excitement while in line, and then fear and trepidation upon seeing Clifford. But, he totally surprised me! When it was out turn, Ryan was a little timid at first, but then gave Clifford a big, long hug. After hugging him, he stood off to the side and stared at him while other kids took a turn. I asked him a couple times if he was ready to leave and he said "No! I want to see Clifford!" Then, right before we left, he ran back over to Clifford and gave him one last hug. Maybe he would be ready for a trip to Disney...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment