Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I just realized that in my post Ft. Lauderdale girls weekend haze, I did not properly wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!! I was gone for most of the day on Mother's Day, but when I arrived home my boys were waiting for me on the steps (dressed alike in matching polo shirts and shorts!). Inside they had cards for me, snacks, and a promise by Tim to cook me dinner after Ryan went to bed. Flowers and a large wrapped gift were also waiting for me - the gift was something I have been asking for for a LONG time - The Keurig! Yay! The snacks were hand picked by Ryan at the grocery store - carrots, pretzels and candy :) Apparently Ryan told Tim "We have to get her carrots. Those are her favorite!" Ah, I'm thinking I might weigh a little less if carrots were truly my favorite :)

Last year, I wrote a very sappy post here about my mom and mother in law so this year I will keep it simple! Happy belated mother's day to both my mother and my mother in law - truly amazing women in their own right who are also amazing moms, grandmothers, sisters, and friends to all that know them. I am lucky to know a ton of great moms and I have learned from each and every one of them. And to those who have not been blessed with a child yet but are longing for you - I know you will all make great moms when the time comes and I'm pulling for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment