Tim and I have made it our mission to find the BEST pumpkin beer out there. We have been purchasing different breweries' version of a pumpkin beer, and decided to do our own taste test this past weekend. We only tasted 4 of the above, so there will be a round #2. We had fun tasting the different varieties. We left out Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, because we already know it's a hit. We tasted:Southern Tier Pumking - Loved it!! Heavy, and rich and I don't think I could drink more than one whole bottle of this but boy, was it tasty! I read on another blog that it was what the author imagined "Butterbeer" from the Harry Potter books to taste like, and I wholeheartedly agree! Buttery and delicious. The only thing that got to me after awhile was that it smells like a pumpkin candle, and as I was lifting the glass to my mouth, I occasionally felt like I was drinking a candle :)
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale - Yum! Loved it!
Williamsburg Alewerks Pumpkin - Good, but not as good as the above two
Post Road Pumpkin - I remember this as one of the original Pumpkin Beers to emerge on the scene. Now it seems every brewery is attempting a pumpkin ale, but years ago when I first had pumpkin beer, this was one of the only few around. This was actually tastier than we remember it being...
Stay tuned for Round #2!...
I'm glad the research skills from Union college have finally paid off. Love, your DAD.
ReplyDelete