Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Dinner for 3

Yesterday we had a fantastic Christmas Day. We woke up and opened presents, snacking on my homemade coffee cake, and taking our time. Then Tim cooked up apple cinnamon pancakes and bacon, and we opened some more presents. Ryan played with his new toys, took a nap, and then in the afternoon we gathered around the table for our Christmas dinner. It is definitely harder to cook for a small group - I made a turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce. Needless to say, there were TONS of leftovers, that we're hoping our friends Scott and Annette can help us finish later today. Spending the day at home as a family of 3 was absolutely perfect. I have a feeling this may be the only year that we are alone on Christmas, and for that reason I will always hold this Christmas in a special place in my heart. As I said on Facebook, I was originally said about not going "home" for Christmas, but last night I realized that I AM home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment