Friday, December 31, 2010
My year in review...
2010 was such a full year for the Doody family. Full of family, friends, laughter and love. Road trips to the beach and NY, plane trips to MA and FL. Engagements, weddings, pregnancies and new babies. New jobs and the news that some would be losing their jobs. Dinners out, BBQs and happy hours. Developing new friendships and keeping up with old ones. This year had a little bit of everything, and if you had asked me to sum it up a month ago, I would have said it was one of our best years yet as a family. Then we lost my Nana on 12/11/10, and I can't help but associate her passing with the end of 2010. As I reflect on the year though, I am reflecting on all the good times. The times I spent with my Nana during my visits in February and November. Her laugh watching Ryan perform songs and dances, and pretend to be driving an airplane. The ride she gave him on her wheelchair. These are the memories I will hold close to me. And tonight, as we count down to 2011, I am sure there will be tears - both tears of sadness and loss, and tears of joy and hope for what still lies ahead. I am hoping there will be more tears of joy than sadness, and that is what I wish for all of you in 2011. A full year of family, friends, love and laughter. Trips to the beach and BBQs. Happy hours and Dinner parties. But most of all - may your year be filled with many more tears of joy than sadness. Happy 2011!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment