Today Ryan started at his new daycare/preschool and there were many tears. However, I am happy to admit that they were all mine! Tim and I both brought Ryan into the school together, since it was the first day and we were prepared for it to be rough. It couldn't have gone better! As we walked him around his new classroom, met his teacher and the other children, Ryan was a little quiet but he did not shed one tear. I was blinking back tears the entire time - both out of fear for how the day would go, and out of relief that he seemed to be ok with it. When it was time for us to leave, he waved goodbye and we left the room. He never said he didn't want to stay, he didn't cling to us and he did not cry. Not at all. As we walked down the hallway I broke down. I was experiencing so many emotions but the overriding emotion was pride. I was so proud of him for how well he was handling the change....The move in general has been a non event for him! From the first night he has slept fine and showed no fear or uncertainty being in a new place. This kid continues to amaze me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment