Today was a VERY exciting day, one I have been planning for MONTHS!! My mom turns 60 in October, and my parents are also celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in July, so we wanted to find a way to have an extra special celebration for both events. With my brother Jim living in Miami, the entire family is rarely together...and when my mom told me that she and my Dad were planning a trip to Miami in June to visit Jim and his girlfriend, Kim and see the Red Sox play the Marlins, I got an idea. What if we went to Miami at the same time...and surprised my Mom...I knew I would have to let my Dad in on the plan so he could help us coordinate, but we were able to keep the entire trip a secret from my Mom AND from Ryan! Keeping secrets is not exactly something that 4 year olds do well, and with the amount of time Ryan spends on the ;hone with his Nana, I knew that details of the trip might slip out. So didn't tell him either! We woke him up today and told him we were going on a surprise trip - Luckily he loves surprises and is a great traveler who goes with the flow. We packed up, headed to the airport, all the while STILL not telling him. At one point I asked him if he wanted a clue or wanted to know where we were going and he just calmly replied "I'll find out when we get there!"

When we arrived at the airport and Ryan finally told me he thought we were going to Cleveland! I asked him where he thought we were and he replied "Well, we can't be in Miami because that's where Nana and Grandpa are going!" He was very excited to learn that we WERE in Miami and that we were surprising his Nana. We had a few hours to kill before my parents arrived and the big surprise was revealed, so we did what anyone else would do...relaxed by the pool with a few drinks...
After our time at the pool, we cleaned up, out on the celebratory birthday shirts, and waited in my parents hotel room with champagne..
and I think these pictures say it all...
No comments:
Post a Comment